Italy vs Bulgaria Prediction and Preview – 06/09/15
Euro 2016 qualifying preview – Italy vs Bulgaria prediction
Italy having only won two of their last five games in the qualifiers will surely be looking for a much needed win if they wish to top the group. Italy will likely be without the in form Toronto’s Sebastian Giovinco and look to the experience of it’s older players.
Bulgaria will need a win against Italy if they want to keep any hope of qualifying alive, so expect Bulgaria to go out on the attack. It all ended 2-2 at the two teams last meeting. Bulgaria’s Veselin Minev and Svetoslav Dyakov are both one yellow card away from suspension.
Italy 3-5-2 formation: Buffon; Sirigu; Bonucci; Darmian; Ranocchia; De Scilio; Pirlo; Candreva; Soriano; Shaarawy; Pelle;
Bulgaria: 4-4-2 formation: Mihaylov; Y.Minev; A.Aleksandrov; Manolev, Bordurov, Gadzhez; Popov, Dyakov, M.Aleksandrov, Milanov; Mitsanski;
- Italy have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Bulgaria have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Italy have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bulgaria have scored an average of 0.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Italy’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Bulgaria’s previous 10 matches
- Last time the teams met it was a 2-2 draw
With Bulgaria’s current position in the group they will need to really attack Italy who in turn will be sat back looking to hit on the counters, looking at the teams current forms especially with Italy only winning 1-0 against Malta and Bulgaria’s loss to Norway I think we will see a close game.
What are your predictions?