Manchester City vs Juventus Prediction and Preview – 15/09/15
Champions League preview – Manchester City vs Juventus prediction
The good news for Manchester City ahead of the visit of Juventus, is the return to training of David Silva and Raheem Sterling. Both are expected to play a part in the game. However, Sergio Aguero picked up an injury at Crystal Palace is rated as doutful, which could mean another start in attack for Wilfried Bony. Fernandinho and Samir Nasri are also doubts for game.
Juventus will be without key midfielder Claudio Marchisio, who picked up an injury at the weekend. Giorgio Chiellini is expected to return to the defence and manager Max Allegri could opt to go for a back three, meaning Andrea Barzagli could keep his place in the team. Alvaro Morata, Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic are all competiting for a place up-front.
Manchester City: 4-2-3-1 formation: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure; Sterling, Silva, Bruyne; Bony
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Sturaro, Pereyra, Pogba; Hernanes; Morata, Dybala
- Manchester City have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Juventus have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester City have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Manchester City’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Juventus’s previous 10 matches
- The teams last met in the 2010/11 Europa League and both matches finished 1-1
Manchester City have been in superb form at the start of the season and continued their winning ways with a hard fought 1-0 win at Crystal Palace on the weekend. Manuel Pellegrini’s team have started the season as if they mean business and City will want to carry this form over in to the Champions League.
Juventus on the other hand, have made a very poor start to the season and having been held 1-1 by Chievo in Turin on the weekend, are still waiting for their first win of the new season. The loss of Claudio Marchisio will be a blow ahead of this game and it will be interesting to see how Max Allegri will approach the game tactically. Juventus may set out to frustrate the home team and hope to nick a goal at the other end.
However, Manchester City look unstoppable at the moment and although it would be foolish to write off Juventus, especially considering the previous performances of City in Europe, this should be a home win.
Man City to win at 3/4 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Man City to win to nil at 7/4 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Raheem Sterling to score at any time and Man City to win at 41/10 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition