Napoli vs Dnipro Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League football tips – Napoli vs Dnipro prediction
With defender Ivan Strinic cup-tied and both Michu and Jonathan de Guzman still missing through injury, Rafael Benitez will probably stick close to the team that defeated Milan on the weekend. The two exceptions could be the return of Gokhan Inler and Dries Mertens to the midfield.
Dnipro are still without Roman Zozulya who is absent with a knee injury but Valeriy Fedorchuk returns from suspension and could play a part in defence. Egidio, who has impressed at full-back, could also be fit to return to the team.
Napoli: 4-2-3-1 formation: Andujar; Maggio, Britos, Albiol, Ghoulam; Lopez, Inler; Mertens, Hamsik, Callejon; Higuain
Dnipro: 4-2-3-1 formation: Boyko; Fedetskiy, Cheberyachko, Douglas, Egidio; Kankava, Rotan; Luchkevych, Bezus, Konoplyanka; Kalinic
- Napoli have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Dnipro have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dnipro have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Dnipro’s previous 10 matches
- Napoli and Dnipro last met in Naples in 2012, with the home side coming out on top 4-2
Despite the disappointing defeat away to Empoli recently, Napoli have been in good form, winning 5 of their last 7 matches in all competitions. Impressive victories over Milan, Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Wolfsburg, has highlighted what an attacking threat Napoli can be, scoring 15 goals in those 4 matches.
Dnipo’s strength has been their defensive resiliance, as they have only conceded 1 goal in their last 8 matches in all competitions. Currently sitting second in the Ukraine Premier League, Dnipro have lost only once in their last 11 matches and will be looking to keep things tight in this first leg. A 1-0 aggregate win over Club Brugge in the last round, suggests that Dnipro know how to win tight matches but Napoli will offer a much tougher test.
What are your Europa League predictions and football tips?