Napoli vs Lazio Prediction and Preview – 20/09/15
Serie A preview – Napoli vs Lazio prediction
Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri, has the luxury of a fully fit squad to choose from, having no injuries or suspensions to worry about. Dries Mertens and Jose Callejon may get another chance to play alongside Gonzalo Higuain having impressed in the Europa League.
Lazio are still nursing injuries to some key players ahead of the trip to Naples. Stefan de Vrij, Lucas Biglia and Miroslav Klose are all out and Filip Djordjevic is also struggling but could make the bench. Alessandro Matri may start again up-front, having done so in mid-week.
Napoli: 4-3-3 formation: Reina; Maggio, Koulibaly, Albiol, Hysaj; Allan, Valdifiori, Hamsik; Mertens, Higuain, Callejon
Lazio: 4-2-3-1 formation: Marchetti; Basta, Mauricio, Gentiletti, Lulic; Parolo, Cataldi; Candreva, Anderson, Mauri; Matri
- Napoli have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Lazio have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Lazio have scored an average of 0.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Lazio’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in Napoli’s last 12 Serie A matches
Napoli really need to get their Serie A campaign going, having only taken 2 points from their opening three matches. Having lost at Sassuolo and been held by Empoli on the road, Napoli allowed a 2 goal lead to Sampdoria to disappear in the second half of their only home match so far this season. This was the second time this season, they have allowed a lead to slip away but the 5-0 home win over Club Brugge in the the Europa League will inspire a bit more confidence going in to this game.
Lazio have had a mixed start to the season, being eliminated from the Champions League at the play-off stage but getting a good point away at Dnipro in their opening Europa League match. In terms of Serie A, Lazio suffered a heavy 4-0 reverse at the hands of Chievo in their only away match so far this season. Having said that, two home wins against Bologna and Udinese, mean they sit comfortably in mid-table at this early stage.
Despite some indifferent performances, Napoli have been scoring plenty of goals and may be able to out-score their opponents on route to their first Serie win this season.
Napoli win at 17/20 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Napoli win and over 2.5 goals at 13/8 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Napoli win and Higuain to score first at 5/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?