Newcastle vs Arsenal Prediction and Preview – 29/08/15
Premier League preview – Newcastle vs Arsenal prediction
In my opinion Arsenal are likely to give Theo the nod up front ahead of Giroud who has been off form recently, plus Walcott’s pace will be a perfect weapon for the slow defence of Newcastle despite Giroud having an excellent record of scoring at St James’s park in the League.
Newcastle will have improved confidence in their ability to keep a clean sheet or at least produce a solid defensive performance after their 0-0 draw at Old Trafford in their last match especially with new signing Chancel Mbemba producing a MOTM performance.
Newcastle: 4-1-4-1 formation: Krul; Janmaat, Mbemba, Taylor, Haidara; Tiote, Thauvin; Obertan, Wijnaldum,Cisse
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, Chambers, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey; Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott
- Newcastle have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Arsenal have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Newcastle have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Newcastle’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
With Newcastle having only collected 2 points so far this season they will be aiming for at least a point in this game with the effective counter attacking style employed by Steve McClaren and executed effectively on the pitch by the pace of Obertan and the mixture of pace and attacking talent of summer signings Wijnaldum and Thauvin.
With Arsenal having only collected 4 points from the first three games having been seen by many as genuine title contenders this season with the world class addition of Petr Cech aswell as the clearance of the deadwood this turns into another must win game to keep up with the early pace at the top having already dropped 5 points behind perfect Man City and after dominating but not winning their enthralling Monday night encounter with Liverpool at the Emirtates.
What are your predictions?