Porto vs Bayern Munich Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Porto vs Bayern Munich prediction.
Porto will be sweating on the fitness of star striker Jackson Martinez, who is struggling to prove his fitness before Wednesday night. Christian Tello is another forward who is hoping to get back from injury in time for the game but it will be touch and go up until kick-off. Lopetegui often prefers Evandro in midfield in big matches, which may mean Oliver dropping to the bench.
Pep Guardiola will have to make do without Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, David Alaba, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mehdi Benatia and Javier Martinez through injury. Defender Jerome Boateng is also a doubt but will have to play considering the number of injuries Bayern currently have.
Porto: 4-3-3 formation: Fabiano; Sandro, Indi, Maicon, Danilo; Herrera, Evandro, Casemiro; Brahimi, Aboubakar, Quaresma
Bayern Munich: 4-3-3 formation: Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Bernat; Lahm, Alonso, Thiago; Gotze, Muller, Lewandowski
- Porto have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Bayern Munich have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Porto have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 3 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Porto’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met in Porto, the Champions League match ended 1-1 in 2000
On the face of it, this should be an easy one to call but with Bayern Munich’s current injury crisis, Porto will see a glimmer of hope. Porto’s home form is great, winning all of their last 10 matches at the Estádio Do Dragão and with a passionate home crowd, they will want that run to continue.
With a couple of surprise results in the new year, teams have shown that Bayern can be beaten and despite boasting a potent front-line including Gotze, Muller and Lewandowski, it’s further back that the team could face problems.
Porto defeated a decent Basel team at home 4-0 in the previous round and while Bayern are a different class again, could have enough here to cause an upset.
What are your predictions and football tips?