PSG vs Lyon Prediction and Football Tips
France Super Cup football tips – PSG vs Lyon prediction
Laurent Blanc has a decision to make in goal this season for PSG and new signing, Kevin Trapp, may be given the nod for this game. With Thiago Motta struggling with injury and seemingly wanting to leave the club, either Adrien Rabiot or Benjamin Stambouli could start in midfield.
Lyon will have to make do without Clement Grenier and Gueida Fofana, who both picked up bad injuries during pre-season. Nabil Fekir also misses the match, due to suspension and this leaves Hubert Fournier short of options in midfield. New signing, Claudio Beauvue is set to make his competitive debut in attack.
PSG: 4-3-3 formation: Trapp; Maxwell, Thiago Silva, Aurier, Van der Wiel; Verratti, Stambouli, Matuidi; Augustin, Ibrahimovic, Moura
Lyon: 4-3-3 formation: Lopes; Jallet, Rose, Umtiti, Bedimo; Ferri, Gonalons, Mvuemba; Beauvue, N’Jie, Lacazette
- PSG have won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 matches
- Lyon have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, PSG have scored an average of 2.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Lyon have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of PSG’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Lyon’s previous 10 matches
- Both meetings between the teams last season in Ligue One finished 1-1
PSG have enjoyed a successful American tour this summer, remaining undefeated in 90 minutes and beating the likes of Manchester United, Fiorentina and Benfica along the way. With this match being played in Montreal, Canada, Laurent Blanc will want to finish the tour off in style.
Lyon have endured a poor pre-season, with just one win to show from their five matches. One of those defeats, was a heavy 6-0 loss to Arsenal and to compound their poor form, Lyon have also lost a couple of important players to injury. However, on a brighter note, they have managed to keep hold of their best players from last season.
Both teams will be starting the new season in the hope they can claim the Ligue One title. PSG may be without some of their South American players but have still looked good in pre-season. Lyon, have struggled but with the bulk of their exciting young team still in place, have more than enough to trouble PSG.
What are your France Super Cup predictions and football tips?