Roma vs Juventus Prediction and Football Tips – 30/08/2015
Serie A football tips – Roma vs Juventus prediction
Roma have massively utilised the loan system and have brought in the likes of Edin Džeko, Mohamed Salah and Lucas Digne. All three could start against Juventus especially after Džeko and Salah have made particularly impressive starts to their Roma careers. Strootman and Rudiger are out with knee injuries and won’t feature for at least another few weeks or so. They will be hoping that Džeko can score them the goals that they lacked last season.
The 3-5-2 formation didn’t work for Juventus in their last game which saw them lose 1-0 at home. With the absences of Khedira and Marchisio they are lacking an established holding midfielder, therefore they could switch to a 4-1-3-2 type setup with Pogba as the defensive midfielder. Loan signing Cuadrado will be looking to start in a wide role with Lichtsteiner dropped in at right back. Dybala will also be looking to play alongside Mandzukic.
Roma: 4-3-3 formation: Szczęsny; Digne, Castan, Manolas, Florenzi; Nainggolan, De Rossi, Pjanić; Gervinho, Džeko, Salah
Juventus: 4-1-3-2 formation: Buffon; Alex Sandro, Chiellini, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner; Pogba; Coman, Cuadrado; Pereyra; Dybala, Mandzukic
- Roma have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Juventus have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Roma have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Roma’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- The last meeting was a well contested 1-1 draw in the Serie A back in March. The match held in Rome was a big game in the title race between the two teams
Having had a better start to the league season, Roma look more rooted than Juventus at the moment. They have good midfield cover for Strootman in De Rossi and Nainggolan and a lot of depth up front. If they manage to utilise the temporary weaknesses in Juventus’ team they could come away with a win in attempt to take the Serie A title away from Turin.
Juve will have to consider changing their setup for this match against an attacking Roma team. Three at the back didn’t work in their opening league game because they lacked defensive midfield cover. If they opt to start Cuadrado they would likely start him on the wing which would add the pace they’ve lacked this season so far.
A game of this magnitude will be important at this stage of the season in order to gain some impetus in the title race. I don’t think Juventus will win this game.
What are your predictions?