Schalke vs Darmstadt Prediction and Football Tips – 22/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Schalke vs Darmstadt prediction
Unfortunately for Schalke, defender Matija Nastasic could be out for some time with a ruptured achilles tendon and will be replaced by Roman Neustädter at the back. Nastasic joins Benedikt Höwedes on the sidelines, meaning Schalke have been weakened at central defence. However, after the win last week, manager André Breitenreiter has no need to make any other changes to his team.
With practically a full squad to choose from, the only worry for Darmstadt manager Dirk Schuster is competition for places. Full-back is one area of the squad where Schuster has plenty of good options and new signing György Garics is challenging Florian Jungwirth for a place at right-back, with Fabian Holland and Junior Diaz both in contention for the left-back spot.
Schalke: 4-4-2 formation: Fahrmann; Caicara, Neustadter, Matip, Aogo; Geis, Goretzka, Draxler, Choupo-Moting; Di Santo, Huntelaar
Darmstadt: 4-4-1-1 formation: Mathenia; Jungwirth, Sulu, Caldirola, Holland; Heller, Niemeyer, Gondorf, Rausch; Sailer; Stroh-Engel
- Schalke have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Darmstadt have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Schalke have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Darmstadt have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Schalke’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Darmstadt’s previous 10 matches
- These teams last met in the German Cup in 2013, with Schalke coming away from Darmstadt with a 3-1 win
Schalke started the new Bundesliga season in the perfect manner, securing all three points in a good 3-0 win at Werder Bremen. Boasting some real talent in midfield and attack, Schalke look capable of scoring plenty of goals this season and playing some exciting, forward thinking football. The only concern is defensively, as injuries start to build up in the central area.
Darmstadt will be quietly satisfied with their opening day’s work, picking up a point at home to Hannover. It gives Dirk Schuster’s team something to build on and they looked lively in the wide areas of the pitch. However, defensively they need some work and it could be that, which keeps them down the bottom reaches of the Bundesliga table this season.
Schalke will be looking forward to this match, especially after their performance last weekend and should be able to score a few goals in the process of taking the three points.