Sevilla vs Gladbach Prediction and Preview – 15/09/15
Champions League preview – Sevilla vs Gladbach prediction
Sevilla goalkeeper Beto faces a spell on the sidelines, meaning a start between the sticks for Rico. The keeper joins the likes of Dani Carrico, Adil Rami and Nico Pareja on the treatment table and leaves manager Unai Emery short defensively. Further forward, Yevhen Konoplyanka will hope to make his first start this season.
Gladbach also have injury concerns ahead of this game, with Patrick Herrmann, Alvaro Dominguez and Fabian Johnson all set to miss out. Granit Xhaka is also out due to suspension and that could mean a start in central midfield for Lars Stindl, with Ibrahim Traore operating from the right side.
Sevilla: 4-2-3-1 formation: Rico; Coke, Andreolli, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas; Krychowiak, N’Zonzi; Konoplyanka, Iborra, Vitolo; Llorente
Gladbach: 4-4-2 formation: Sommer; Korb, Jantschke, Stranzl, Wendt; Traore, Nordtveit, Stindl, Hazard; Raffael, Hahn
- Sevilla have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Gladbach have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sevilla have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Gladbach have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Sevilla’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Gladbach’s previous 10 matches
- These teams met in last season’s Europa League, with Sevilla winning both games by 1 goal
Having enjoyed excellent 2014/15 campaigns, neither of these teams would have envisaged the poor starts they have made to the new season. Sevilla have yet to win a match in the Primera Division and find themselves down in 18th place, with just 2 points from their 3 games played. Gladbach have been performing even worse, finding themselves bottom of the Bundesliga table without a point after 4 matches.
At least Sevilla came away from their trip to Levante with a point at the weekend, whereas Gladbach suffered a terrible 3-0 reverse at home to Hamburg, meaning their confidence must be at a real low right now.
It seems very unlikely that this match is going to finish 0-0 and Sevilla could come away with maximum points and a few goals to boot, especially considering their European form. However, with players missing in the Sevilla defence, Gladbach may also get on the score-sheet.
Sevilla to win at 5/9 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Sevilla to win and both teams to score at 5/2 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Sevilla to win 3-1 at 14/1 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition