Southampton vs Norwich Prediction and preview – 29/08/15
Premier League preview – Southampton vs Norwich prediction
Southampton have been awful in comparison to last season and they had a better preparation for this season, in terms of not losing the majority of their best players to bigger clubs, in addition to the long awaited return of star player Jay Rodriguez. Their European adventure is already over, losing in the qualifying round to FC Midtjylland in midweek. Also, after picking up only 2 points so far and conceding a lot of goals, it has influenced manager Ronald Koeman to switch to a 5 defender formation which has worked to keep clean sheets but has sacrificed the flee flowing attack that won them so many points and plaudits last season. Koeman is likely to stick to this formation for the visit of Norwich but he should revert back to give more options in the midfield or the attack in my opinion.
Norwich have been impressive so far for a promoted side, having more recent Premier League experience than Bournemouth and Watford, they have scored in all 3 games so far and have collected 4 points. Russell Martin at centre back has been dominant and has added goals to the team, Robbie Brady has been impressive since his summer move from relegated Hull City and Nathan Redmond has improved since he was last in the Premier League, adding regular goals and assists to his game. They will be confident of securing at least a point in this game.
Southampton: 5-3-2 formation: Steklenburg; Targett, Caulker, Yoshida, Fonte, Soares; Romeu, Mane, Rodriguez; Pelle ,Long
Norwich: 4-4-1-1 formation: Ruddy; Martin, Whittaker, Bassong, Brady; Dorrans, Tettey, Howson; Hoolahan; Redmond; Jerome
- Southampton have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Norwich have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Southampton have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Norwich have scored an average of 2.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Southampton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Norwich’s previous 10 matches
What are your predictions?