Sunderland vs Southampton Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Sunderland vs Southampton prediction
Sunderland have found themselves in an end of season scrap for survival and at this stage in the season, every game counts as a cup final, so the north East side cannot afford to lose at any cost. In their last game, Dick Advocaat’s side drew at the Britannia stadium.
Southamtpon are destined for Europa League football next season and in their last game drew 2-2 with Spurs in an exciting game that saw Grazianno Pelle show us all that he is still a good striker.
Sunderland (4-4-2) Pantilimon; Jones, Coates, O’Shea, Van Aanholt; Larsson, Rodwell, Cattermole, Gomez; Wickham, Defoe
Southampton (4-2-3-1) Davis; Clyne, Yoshida, Fonte, Bertrand; Wanyama, Alderweireld; Ward-Prowse, Mane, Davis; Pelle
- Sunderland have won one, drawn three and lost six of their last 10 games
- Southampton have won three, drawn three and lost four of their last 10 games
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sunderland have scored an average of 0.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Southampton have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in two of Sunderland’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in two of Southampton’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met, Southampton destroyed Sunderland 8-0, the biggest victory of the season for any side.
Sunderland really need to win and with the attacking threat that Connor Wickham and Jermain Defoe pose it could be possible, but it will take a lot to dominate the solid Saints defence.
Southampton are in a good position and can (if they wanted to) take their feet off the peddle, but they certainly won’t, not against Sunderland especially.