Swansea vs Newcastle Prediction and Football Tips – 15/08/15
Premier League football tips – Swansea vs Newcastle prediction
Having played so well at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea, Gary Monk is very unlikely to make any changes to his Swansea team for the visit of Newcastle. However an injury to Ki Sung-yueng, could mean an enforced change in the midfield and Jack Cork could in to replace the South Korean.
Newcastle are definitely without striker Emmanuel Rivière, who requires surgery on a knee injury. Steve McClaren is also missing Paul Dummett, Sylvain Marveaux, Curtis Good plus, Vernon Anita is also a doubt after picking up an injury last weekend. There could be a return to the squad for Remy Cabella but the Frenchman is struggling for match fitness.
Swansea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Fabianski; Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor; Shelvey, Cork; Montero, Sigurdsson, Ayew; Gomis
Newcastle: 4-2-3-1 formation: Krul; Janmaat, Coloccini, Mbemba, Haidara; Tiote, Colback; Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Obertan; Cisse
- Swansea have won 3, drawn 5 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Newcastle have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Swansea have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Newcastle have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.6 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Swansea’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Newcastle’s previous 10 matches
- Swansea are undefeated in their previous 6 matches against Newcastle
Swansea got their season off to a fantastic start last week, picking up a point at Chelsea and their performance, could have easily resulted in all three. However, Gary Monk will be eager to ensure his team build on that result, by taking all three points this week against Newcastle. A similar display to the one shown at Stamford Bridge, should be enough to see off Newcastle.
That being said, Steve McClaren will have other ideas and despite not winning last week, Newcastle showed signs of improvement from last season. The key to Newcastle, could be their full-backs, who will need to be on their guard, if Swansea’s wingers put in the same kind of dynamic display they did last week.
Newcastle will be encouraged by their match last week but if Swansea are at the same level as they were at Chelsea, they will be powerless to stop the Welsh team taking maximum points.