Udinese vs Empoli Prediction and Preview – 19/09/15
Serie A preview – Udinese vs Empoli prediction
Udinese are without three players for the visit of Empoli. Silivan Widmer, Alexander Merkel and Guilherme are all out injured. It will be interesting to see who Stefano Colantuono opts for in attack, with the choice of Duvan Zapata, Antonio Di Natale and Cyril Thereau.
The only player absent from the Empoli squad is Levan Mchedlidze, meaning that manager Marco Giampaolo could go with a very similar starting XI to that which held Napoli to a 2-2 draw last weekend.
Udinese: 3-5-2 formation: Karnezis; Wague, Danilo, Piris; Edenilson, Badu, Iturra, Fernandes, Adnan; Zapata, Di Natale
Empoli: 4-3-1-2 formation: Skorupski; Zambelli, Tonelli, Barba, Mario Rui; Zielinski, Diousse, Croce; Saponara; Pucciarelli, Maccarone
- Udinese have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Empoli have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Udinese have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Empoli have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Udinese’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Empoli’s previous 10 matches
- Udinese have lost their last 4 home league matches
Having started the season with a sensational 1-0 away win at Juventus, Udinese have struggled to come close to emulating that performance. A disappointing 1-0 home reverse at the hands of Palermo was followed up with a 2-0 defeat at Lazio last weekend. Having scored just 1 goal in 3 league matches so far this season, Colantuono will want more from his strikers.
Empoli have managed to pick up just 1 point from a possible 9 so far this season. Their 2015/16 campaign started with a home defeat to Chievo and the trip to play AC Milan ended with nothing to show for it. However, the 2-2 draw last week at home to Napoli was a sign of improvement, even though Empoli were twice in the lead and couldn’t hold on.
Both teams will be aiming to kick-start their season in this game but goals could be at a premium, with a low scoring draw in prospect.
Under 2.5 goals at 4/6 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Draw at 13/8 – Click here to bet with Bet365
1-1 full-time result at 5/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?