Uruguay vs Paraguay Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Uruguay vs Paraguay prediction
Despite losing their previous match 1-0 to Argentina, Uruguay played well and could easily have got something from the game. With that in mind, it’s unlikely that Oscar Tabarez will make any unforced changes to the team which started that match.
Paraguay picked up a much needed win their previous match against Jamaica and can therefore secure qualification with a positive result here. Without great strength in depth, there will be little in the way of changes from that Jamaica match and Ramon Diaz could select them same starting eleven.
Uruguay: 4-2-3-1 formation: Muslera; Pereira, Giminez, Godin, Pereira; Gonzalez, Rios; Rodriguez, Lodeiro, Rolan; Cavani
Paraguay: 4-4-2 formation: Villar; Valdez, Aguilar, Silva, Samudio; Gonzalez, Ortigoza, Caceres, Benitez; Cruz, Bobadilla
- Uruguay have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Paraguay have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Uruguay have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Paraguay have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Uruguay’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Paraguay’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was in a World Cup qualifier in 2013, the match ended 1-1
The defending champions, Uruguay need to pick up a win here, in order to definitely secure a place in the next round of the 2015 Copa America. On the other hand, after good results against Argentina and Jamaica, Paraguay know that a point will be enough to see them cause an upset and finish in the top two places in the group.
However, despite the defeat to Argentina, it was a decent performance by Uruguay and they will fancy their chances of getting the points they need from this game in order to progress. With that in mind, Paraguay may opt to play a counter-attacking game and aim to pick Uruguay off, if they commit too many players forward.
What are your Copa America predictions and football tips?