Zenit vs Sevilla Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League football tips – Zenit vs Sevilla prediction.
Despite having to do without Ezequiel Garay at the back and midfielder Aleksandr Ryazantsev., Andre Villas-Boas will be pleased to welcome back Hulk, Domenico Criscito and Danny. All three of these players missed the 2-1 defeat in the first leg and should come straight back in to the Zenit team.
Sergio Rico should keep his place in goal for Sevilla but they may have to do without Dani Carrico at the back, who is a doubt through injury. That could see Timothee Kolodziejczak starting again at the back with Stephane Mbia and Denis Suarez also starting match, after doing well off the bench last week.
Zenit: 4-2-3-1 formation: Lodygin; Anyukov, Lombaerts, Criscito, Neto; Witsel, Garica; Hulk, Shatov, Danny; Rondon
Sevilla: 4-2-3-1 formation: Rico; Diogo, Pareja, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas; Krychowiak, Mbia; Suarez, Reyes, Vidal; Gameiro
- Zenit have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Sevilla have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Zenit have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sevilla have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Zenit’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Sevilla’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met in St. Petersburg was 2006 and the match ended 1-1
Zenit are undefeated at home in their last 14 Europa League matches at home, winning 13 of them. In addition to that, the Russian’s have only lost 2 of their last 13 Champions League matches in St. Petersburg.
However, they come up against a Sevilla side the have turned over both Borussia Monchengladbach and Villarreal away from home in previous rounds of the Europa League. Sevilla have almost a full squad to pick from and Zenit also have some key players returning who missed the first leg.
This game has all the makings of a draw.
What are your Europa League predictions and football tips?