Bordeaux vs Liverpool Prediction and Preview – 17/09/15
Europa League preview – Bordeaux vs Liverpool prediction
Bordeaux manager Willy Sagnol is having to deal with a bit of an injury crisis ahead of the visit of Liverpool. With Thomas Toure, Lamine Sane, Gregory Sertic, Cheick Diabate and Jaroslav Plasil all missing because of injury, Sagnol has a real job on his hands when selecting the team. One chink of light, is the return of Diego Rolan, who could start the match up-front.
Both Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen remain on the sidelines for Liverpool and manager Brendan Rodgers may decide to change his team around from the weekend. Adam Bogdan may get a chance to play in goal and the likes of Divock Origi, Alberto Moreno and Kolo Toure may start the match.
Bordeaux: 4-3-2-1 formation: Carrasso; Guilbert, Pablo, Pallois, Poundje; Chantome, Saivet, Maurice-Belay; Khazri; Rolan, Crivelli
Liverpool: 4-3-3 formation: Bogdan; Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno; Milner, Leiva, Can; Origi, Ings, Ibe
- Bordeaux have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Liverpool have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bordeaux have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Bordeaux’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches
It’s not been a great start to the Lige 1 campaign for Bordeaux, however, things have been picking up over the last couple of weeks. A 2-0 victory over Nantes plus a great come-back against PSG at the weekend with 10 men to claim a point, shows they are heading in the right direction.
The same can’t be said for opponents Liverpool, who have lost 2 and drawn 1 of their last 3 Premier League matches. The 3-0 home defeat to West Ham and the latest 3-1 away defeat to Manchester United, have really dented their start to the season. It was the manner of the performance at Old Trafford, not only the result, which has given real cause for concern for Liverpool.
Bordeaux are missing a number of first team players but with Liverpool out of form and likely to rotate, the French club will fancy their chances of taking something from the match.
Both teams to score at 8/9 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Draw at 11/5 – Click here to bet with Unibet
2-2 final score at 17/1 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition