Everton vs Manchester City Prediction and Football Tips – 23/08/15
Premier League League football tips – Everton vs Manchester City prediction
Everton still have a number of players unavailable for the visit of Manchester City to Goodison. Tony Hibbert, Steven Pienaar and Leighton Baines are all definitely out of contention and Aiden McGeady remains a doubt. However, with the return to fitness of Kevin Mirallas and Gerard Deulofeu, there is competition for places in midfield and attack.
Manchester City are still without Fernando and Pablo Zabaleta, with the latter being ruled out for a further month. Fabian Delph is working his way back to full fitness but is still doubtful to make the squad. New signing Nicolas Otamendi may have to settle for a place on the bench, as Manuel Pellegrini is unlikely to want to change the team, considering the start to the season City have enjoyed.
Everton: 4-2-3-1 formation: Howard; Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Galloway; Barry, McCarthy; Cleverley, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku
Manchester City: 4-2-3-1 formation: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov; Toure, Fernandinho; Silva, Navas, Sterling; Aguero
- Everton have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Manchester City have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Everton have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester City have scored an average of 2.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Everton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Manchester City’s previous 10 matches
- This fixture finished 1-1 last season
Despite a disappointing first match of the season at Goodison, Everton came good at St Mary’s last week, beating Southampton 3-0 and will now be full of confidence going in to this one. With the likes of Mirallas and Deulofeu back in contention, Roberto Martinez has options in the attacking third and will have a strong looking bench. It’s vital that Everton don’t allow last week to become a one-off and build on that great result.
Manchester City have made a tremendous start to the new season and look determined to wrestle back the Premier League title from Chelsea. The 3-0 win at the Hawthorns was good but by defeating Chelsea by the same scoreline last week, Pellegrini’s team put down a real marker. However, Chelsea were clearly not at their best and this match could be the first real test of the season for Manchester City.
Everton, at home, can be a match for any team and expect them to push Manchester City all the way and maybe take a point from the game.