Napoli vs Sampdoria Prediction and Football Tips – 30/08/2015
Serie A football tips – Napoli vs Sampdoria prediction
After the departures of Gökhan İnler and Walter Gargano Napoli’s defensive midfield structure could be compromised this season despite the signing of Mirko Valdifiori. Vlad Chiriches and Pepe Reina also look like good signings and will undoubtedly improve the squad. After an opening day loss, Napoli should consider changing their formation to accommodate two defensive midfielders and maybe some wide players in order to spread the play and utilise their pace.
Sampdoria have experimented with formations so far this season: a 4-3-3 in Europa League qualification and a 4-3-1-2 in the Serie A, the latter having more success. Lorenzo De Silvestri will be out until December having ruptured his cruciate ligament in June. New signing Luis Muriel has looked very good thus far – the young striker has linked up very well with Eder. Sergio Romero and Pedro Obiang have both departed to the Premier League, to Manchester United and West Ham respectively.
Napoli: 4-2-3-1 formation: Reina; Hysaj, Chiriches, Albiol, Maggio; Lopez, Valdifiori; Insigne, Hamšík, Mertens; Higuain
Sampdoria: 4-3-1-2 formation: Viviano; Zukanovic, Silvestre, Coda, Cassani; Palombo, Fernando, Baretto; Soriano; Muriel, Eder
- Napoli have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Sampdoria have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 2.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sampdoria have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Sampdoria’s previous 10 matches
- Napoli won 4-2 at home in the last meeting which was a big game in the race for a European place back in April. Sampdoria haven’t beaten them since 2010
Napoli will feel hard done by having missed out on Champions League qualification last season after having a late run of difficult fixtures. They have made signings in order to improve their defence and will hope that they can concede fewer goals which ultimately hindered their progress last season.
After Genoa failed to obtain a UEFA license, Sampdoria received a Europa League qualification spot, and after finishing 7th in the league they will class last season as a success. The addition of Muriel to their attack looks like a good bit of business and they will look to improve on last season after a convincing opening day win.
Neither team are in amazing form, but Napoli’s recent record against Sampdoria suggests they may grab a slender win in this match.
What are your predictions?