Real Madrid vs Manchester City Prediction and Preview – 04/05/16
Champions League preview – Real Madrid vs Manchester City prediction.
Cristiano Ronaldo is hoping to be fit to play for Real Madrid in the second leg after receiving stem cell treatment to accelerate his recovery from a thigh injury. Karim Benzema lasted 45 minutes of the first leg in Manchester and there are doubts whether his hamstring injury will heal in time for Wednesday’s decider. Borja Mayoral returned from injury to start at centre forward on Saturday but it is more likely that Jese will deputise for Benzema if needed.
Manchester City midfielder David Silva is ruled out after being withdrawn during the first half of the first leg with a hamstring injury. Kelechi Iheanacho came on as substitute on that occasion and with doubts surrounding Yaya Toure’s fitness, the 19-year-old forward could be risked ahead of wideman, Raheem Sterling. Manuel Pellegrini rested Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne at the weekend and the star trio will start in the Bernabeu.
Real Madrid 4-3-3 formation: Navas; Carvajal, Pepe,Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Ronaldo, Jese, Bale
Manchester City 4-2-3-1 formation: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy; Fernando, Fernandinho; Navas, De Bruyne, Iheanacho; Aguero
- Real Madrid have won 8 drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Manchester City have won 5 drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester City have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Manchester City’s previous 10 matches