Southampton vs Leicester Prediction and Preview – 17/10/15
Premier League preview – Southampton vs Leicester prediction
Southampton are missing first choice keeper Fraser Forster and Shane Long while squad player Florin Gardos is sidelined.
Leicester more or less have a full squad to choose from with Luke James and Nathan Dyer the only absentees.
Southampton: 4-2-3-1 formation: Stekelenburg; Soares, Fonte, Van Dijk, Bertrand; Wanyama, Warde-Prowse; Mane, Davis, Tadic; Pelle
Leicester: 4-4-2 formation: Schmeichel; De Laet, Morgan, Huth, Schlupp; Mahrez, Drinkwater, Inler, Kante; Vardy, Okazaki
- Southampton have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Leicester have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Southampton have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Leicester have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Southampton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Leicester’s previous 10 matches
Southampton had a worrying start to the season but have now begun to show signs of their form from last year. Graziano Pelle and Sadio Mane have been particularly threatening with 5 and 4 goals respectively.
Leicester on the other hand have been playing some spectacular football right from the beginning of the season. Jamie Vardy has caught the eye enough up front to earn himself an England cap.
There could be plenty of goals in this one as both sides play expansive football, but its difficult to pick a winner.
Over 2.5 goals at 4/5 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Graziano Pelle first goal scorer at 9/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Draw and both teams to score at 15/4 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?